Sat, Oct 12|
Woodson County Courthouse
Fall Festival Chili & Soup Feed and Contest
Have a killer chili or soup recipe? Share your favorite chili or soup with the community and have a chance to win $100 and bragging rights of the best chili or soup in the county! Put your tastebuds to work & bring the family for a tasty lunch to sample all of the entries & vote for your favorite!
Time & Location
Oct 12, 2019, 12:00 PM
Woodson County Courthouse, Yates Center, KS 66783, USA
About the event
Sample various chilis & soups and vote for your favorite! Only participants entering chili or soup need to RSVP. Attendees just show up with a healthy appetite!
$5 Tasting Kits:
Includes sample cups to taste each entry, a spoon, napkins, a bowl for a larger portion of your favorite, and tokens to vote for your favorite chili and soup entries.
Extra bowls are $3 each.
Bottled water will be available for purchase.
Contest Participant Information:
Attendees will receive a token to be placed in a jar beside each entry to vote for their favorite chili and soup. A "People's Choice" award will be granted to the top chili and soup, along with a $100 cash prize each. A Runner Up in each categorry will be awarded a $50 cash prize. Four chances to win a portion of a $300 prize pool! To enter your chili or soup, click "RSVP" below to register before Sunday, October 6th.
- Prepare 2-4 gallons of your favorite chili or soup recipe (The more you make, the more people can sample, increasing your chance of winning!)
- Have a method of keeping it at 165 degrees by using an electric roaster pan or large crockpots
- Drop-off time: 9:30-10:30am (If you are attending the FFL Auction, you can drop off right before the auction begins.)
- Drop-off location: westside of Courthouse lawn
- Items provided: electricity, extension cords, plastic gloves
- You will need to provide: serving ladel, someone to serve your entry from 11:30am until approx. 2:00pm (or until your chili/soup is gone)
- Each participant will receive sample cups and 1 bowl to try the other entries